Know about Form 10C
Form 10C is a four-page document that has to be filed while claiming the Employee Pension Scheme (EPS) benefits. Learn more about its uses, various sections and filling criteria in this article.
Table of Contents
An Indian salaried individual can use form 10C to withdraw the amount accumulated as pension under the EPS or Employees Pension Scheme if he or she wishes to do so. However, to be eligible to withdraw the amount, you must have done a minimum of 180 days and up to less than 10 years of active service.
When the employee decides to switch jobs, he/she can either remove the pension sum or transfer to a new account by tendering the EPS scheme certificate. So, to withdraw the EPS amount or to furnish the EPS scheme certificate, the employee needs to fill up form 10C. Let us discuss how to fill form 10C online.
Let us first check the sections contained in the PF Form 10C.
- Name of the Claimant
- Date of Birth (DOB)
- Father’s name/Husband’s name (married women must always enter their husband’s name)
- Address and name of the last employer
- Details of the previous office establishment (account number, establishment code and office code)
- Date of joining the previous company
- Reason and date of leaving service
- Full address
- Option to fill scheme certificate or withdraw the PF amount
- Family and nominee details – Name, DOB, relationship with EPS member, and guardians name (for minors)
- Member details and nominee details (in the event of the death of the EPS member after 58 years and without filling fo a claim)
- Mode of remittance (savings account, cheque or postal order)
- Option to receive a pension as per the EPS Act of 1995
- Seal and signature of the previous employer and the employee
- Advance stamp or settlement receipt to get pension into the savings account
- EPS Scheme certificate (will be written by the office of PF commissioner)
These are simple and easy details that an individual needs in order to get an EPS scheme certificate or to withdraw money the EPS amount.
Now that you’ve understood the contents of the form 10C, let us understand, how to fill form 10C online. Form 10C needs to be filled if an EPS member wishes to withdraw the pension amount after completing a continuous service period of a minimum of 6 months and before achieving 10 years of active service.
What are the benefits of EPF Form 10C?
The benefits of Form 10c for various sets of members are as follows:
|Member Type||Eligibility Criteria||Benefits of Form 10C|
|1||Personnel who has resigned without completing 10 years in service||He/she can avail PF withdrawal post filing Form 10C before retirement|
|Personnel who has turned 58 without completing 10 years in service|
|2||Personnel who has completed 10 years in service before turning 50||Individuals fulfilling both criterias are entitled to receive a scheme certificate. People who meet the second criteria alone can withdraw a reduced pension after filing Form 10C|
|Individuals aging from 50 to 58 years|
|3||Nominee or legal heir of a deceased member, who was past the age of 58 and did not complete 10 years of service.||The individual can get the withdrawal benefits after filing EPF Form 10C. If the member has retired service due to some bodily impairment, he/she can also withdraw EPS under disablement pension by filing Form 10D.|
Easy steps to fill PF Form 10C online:
- Go to the EPFO website and login to the member portal with the help of Password and UAN
- After logging in, go to the “Online service” menu and select “Claim (Form – 31, 19 and 10C)”
- Enter the last 4 digits of the savings bank account number, then click on “Verify”
- Next, read through the “Certificate or Undertaking”, then click on “Yes”
- Go to the “I want to apply for” section and select “Only Pension Withdrawal (Form 10C)”
- Enter your correct address, then tick on the disclaimer, then click on “Get Aadhar OTP”
- You will then receive an OTP on the registered mobile number. Enter the OTP and click on “Validate OTP and Submit Claim Form”
- By doing so, you submit your EPF form 10C and the EPS amount will get disbursed into your bank account post EPFO verification
In these simple and easy steps, you will be able to apply for withdrawal of your pension amount saved under the Employees’ Pension Scheme. Furthermore, you can also use EPF form 10C to issue an EPS scheme certificate when you want to change your job.
Attestation procedures for Form 10C
The EPF Form 10C needs to be attested either by employee or employer or both based on certain circumstances. These cases are as follows.
|Individual has downloaded the form online||Employee and Employer|
|Previous establishment is closed||Form should be attested from an authorized official|
Magistrate; Postmaster; Chairman or Secretary of District Local Board; Gazetted Officer; Bank manager pertinent to the individual’s savings account, President of Village Union or Panchayat.
|Individual has applied using a form procured from a centre||Employer|
Documents required for filing Form 10C
Here are the documents required for submitting Form 10C for EPF withdrawal.
- Xerox copy of blank or cancelled cheque
- Birth certificates of children when applying for scheme certificate (If applicable)
- Death certificate of the deceased member (If applicable)
- Succession certificate for legal heir (If applicable)
- Rs 1 stamp for applying withdrawal benefits through a bank
Form 10C – FAQs
1) What are the benefits of the scheme certificate?
The scheme certificate is given to type-2 members alone. This can be used as proof of years of service of an employee. Such individuals can avail EPF by submitting Form 10C if he/she is unable to find employment after resigning or retiring from the previous job.
2) Where can I download Form 10C for EPF withdrawal?
Form 10C can be downloaded from the EPF official website
Download Form 10C here.
3) Can I submit Form 10C offline?
Yes, you can submit Form 10C offline by submitting the form along with required documents to the nearest authorized provider.
4) How long will it take to process Form 10C?
EPFO payments usually take 2-3 days for processing.
5) What to do if my EPF claim is rejected?
Visit nearby EPF jurisdiction office for inquiry. Click here for more information on EPF zonal offices.
Subscribe For Newsletter
Subscribe to get the latest news and happenings around recruitment space