6 Reasons to Invest in Employee Attendance Management Systems
Before discussing the need to invest in an employee attendance management system at your organisation, let’s find out how manual attendance management can be an absolute disaster through the cases mentioned below.
The Problem: Manual Attendance Management Systems
Suppose your office timings are – 10 a.m. – 6 p.m.
Case 1 –
Now, imagine a situation where one of your employees often enters the office at 12 p.m. and leaves at 5.50 p.m.
With a manual attendance management system, the employee can easily manipulate in & out times and convince you that he was on time.
Case 2 –
Suppose this same employee has a friend in the organisation. With manual attendance management, they both can mark each other present with proxy attendance or enter incorrect timings.
So you see, manual attendance is not only unreliable but, more often than not, extremely misleading.
The Fix: Automated Employee Attendance Management Systems
None of the aforementioned would be possible if you had an automated employee attendance management system in place.
With a biometric attendance management system:
- No one, except the employee, can mark attendance.
Employees cannot manipulate IN and OUT timings
- But that’s not all, here are 6 more reasons why you must immediately invest in an employee attendance management system.
1. To err is human – Manual ways are prone to errors due to the sheer number of employees, their in/out timings, leaves, absences etc.
On the other hand, automated systems ensure accurate payroll data.
Another drawback of a manual attendance system is inaccurate records which result in a loss of funds.
Incorrect records can violate labour laws, resulting in fines, penalties and added costs. You can also end up paying your employees for overtime (when they’ve not done so) or for leaves they didn’t earn.
It’s thus advisable to integrate your automated attendance management system with payroll.
2. Inculcate Discipline – with a faultless attendance management system in place, you’re basically closing loopholes.
Employees realize that they’re solely responsible for their attendance, and paid according to the biometric attendance data. This instils a sense of discipline and punctuality in them.
3. Real-time Data and Quick Reports– Unlike manual attendance systems where data is processed then updated, automated attendance management systems data is processed in real-time and can be accessed instantly.
For example, you can know in real-time when an employee enters/leaves for the day.
This enhances transparency in the organisation and enables managers to improve policies in general.
4. Amplifies Productivity – Maintaining attendance paperwork is quite a hassle. Not only do you have to process loads of papers, but the chances of losing one or more of them are quite high.
Managing such paperwork is a burden. It affects accuracy and also reduces productivity in other tasks.
With online attendance management systems, the entire process is automated freeing the administration and resources for other crucial tasks.
5. Versatility – Employees can be executing their duties from various locations, and at any given time.
They could be working from home, office, or from remote locations. This is where well-connected attendance managements systems give employers the upper hand to track employee attendance.
These can be mobile-based, desktop-enabled, on the internet, or through swipe and biometric terminals.
6. More than just attendance – Attendance management systems do more than just record attendance. They’re intuitively built to relay information without much communication and can provide valuable data to streamline leaves, performance, and payroll workflows.
For instance, a manager can receive SMS alerts and email notifications for leave requests and overtimes. Moreover, they can approve the same remotely on a variety of devices.
What’s more, an automated attendance management system can also aid in allocating and scheduling work or provide reports on budgets, workload, and resources.
Many organizations are already integrating automated employee attendance management systems. With a multicultural workforce, overtimes, flexible shifts, work-from-home policies etc. to deal with, managing productivity, time, and cost become difficult for employers.
No wonder everyone is swiftly exiting outdated attendance systems and riding the automated payroll wave.
Subscribe For Newsletter
Subscribe to get the latest news and happenings around recruitment space